Saturday, June 8, 2013

Long week of sorting

I have been sorting everything for the auction. Lots and lots of things. I put all my spices and silver wear in this old blue Samsonite hard suitcase, it all went good and almost everything fit... And then I tried to lift it.. OMG I swear it weighs 100lbs. 

Anyway I have lots of stuff, I am leaving a lot of kitchen things, my bread machine, which I love but don't need, cause I don't eat bread, even most gluten free bread is grain and I'm trying to avoid grains.

You don't have to have a starch with every meal.. My biggest need is meat. If I go with beans and cut back on meat it just makes me hurt inside ache for meat.. So I switched to the Paleo diet. I have to eat all natural foods as with the other one,  but mostly meat and veggies. Lots of veggies and I can have some fruit too, fruits are good for you. I'm not normally a big fruit eater, but I find eating Paleo I want fruit more. No sugar or corn syrup or additives.  But I wanted banana, and cherries (always want cherries they are my fruit heaven) then I wanted apples. And I even brought some grapes. Haven't ate any yet, but that's cause I just finished my cherries. I know I eat more cherries than I'm supposed too, but they are only around a few weeks then they are gone. So I can't gorge on them all year. LOL. The thing that surprised me is that on Paleo not only do you avoid grains, but you avoid legumes, bean protein and peanuts.. You and have all tree nuts and spices, but not beans or peanuts. I didn't feel right on bean proteins. Eggs are good, tho. But you don't eat dairy. Now I have been thinking I should probably cut out dairy for a while if I want to lose weight, but I just couldn't give up cheese. So I'm doing it, I'm giving up cheese and dairy. I wonder if they make Paleo Cheese. LOL. I found raw cashew butter, it's so sweet you don't need jelly, but I found jelly that has no sugar or artificial sweeteners, it's pretty good. So with Paleo bread I can have a PB&J. Of course that's not something to have every day. I even can't get Paleo bread in El Paso, so that won't be a problem. 

Its supposed to rain again tonight and then in the morning, I was going to stay up late and finish the kitchen packing up the things I'm taking with me, but with rain in the morning I guess i can go to sleep. Won't be starting on the shed in the rain. 

I'm still worried about Barney, I think he's ok.. But I can't go home till I get done here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment