Saturday, June 1, 2013

Don's Mom Hospital

Went to see Don's Mom at the hospital, Kim took her in for chest pain on Thursday night but we didn't find out till Friday morning from Angie. She had a heart attack back in 1987, I don't remember her having one, but at that time no one told us anything, she has a stent in her heart or something and had a lot of damage from that heart attack. She even had surgery but I don't remember if anyone even told us. I was still the crazy unworthy daughter-in-law back then and I think Don was still not getting along well with his Dad. 

We get along better now.. Thank goodness. We knew she had a stent put in one of the veins to her kidney a few years ago cause it was causing high blood pressure, We also knew about her 2 knee surgeries and her broken arm. Just not the heart issues back then. But knowing now makes this all the scarier. 

She and heart pain so bad it took 3 nitro glycerin pills and a nitro patch to get her heart to start behaving and stop hurting. Now she is getting the nitro through a patch. Her doctor wanted to send her home cause the pain stopped. But the Memorial Hospital in Belleville's cardiologist said no. I don't Kline her doctor, they didn't even do a cat scan or an ultra sound or anything and he wanted to send her home. 

Anyway she is having a chemical stress test tomorrow, cause one of her knee surgeries is too fresh for a physical stress test. We won't know anything till after the stress test, the doctor told her it is just step one, and he expects to have to do a scope next, then whatever else is needed. He told her to get comfy she wasn't going anywhere. 

I visited with her a while, I wish I had kept a hold of her birthday gift and brought it with me, but I dropped it off at her house. Oh well, Dad Hill can bring it up with him. 

She is in good spirits and they are keeping her stable, she is not on oxygen anymore like,she was at first, and she feels ok, a little dizzy still, because she is not right. I hope they are careful with her. It's worrying but all we can do is pray.. I will update as soon as I know more.

I'm back in Missouri, got the license for the camper from Illinois. Didn't get my car transferred to Illinois cause I didn't have my loan paper, never would have thought I needed that. Oh we'll, I can transfer that some other time. 

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* The only thing we can hope for is that she's reasonably comfortable. At least you all know what's going on now ♥

    ReplyDelete